Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of Investigations Officer in our Internal Audit Division in Blantyre.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Investigations Manager and will, among other duties, be responsible for:
- Investigating reported incidences of frauds, forgeries, operational losses and other irregularities effectively and efficiently.
- Documenting and executing investigative work in conformity with international best practices.
- Preparing various MIS reports including the Frauds, Forgeries and Losses report, monthly statistics on reported cases and court cases, disciplinary proceedings, recoveries, etc.
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of all pertinent information to the Division’s forensic work.
- Reviewing and attending to requests from various business units for authority to refund customers losses arising from failure in the Bank’s controls and write-offs of long unresolved suspense account balances.
- Conducting fraud awareness workshops to staff across the Bank.
Interested candidates must have:
- A degree from a reputable university
- Strong analytical skills along with good interviewing skills.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- A drivers’ license and be willing to travel outside the workstation and work at odd hours.
- Reasonable knowledge or understanding of the Laws of Malawi, i.e. criminal, civil, administrative and labour laws.
- Strong ethics with high levels of integrity and confidentiality.
Candidates with banking, CFE and/or MIS background will have an added advantage.